Dawn Pompey Whitehurst
Dawn Pompey Whitehurst is an experienced litigator with over 25 years of experience. For many years, she handled plaintiff’s civil litigation matters involving personal injuries, wrongful deaths, trucking and vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, insurance disputes, contract disputes, commercial litigation, and other matters. She has also handled numerous criminal litigation matters involving serious felony crimes and misdemeanor offenses as a prosecutor with the Second Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s Office in Tallahassee.
Mrs. Whitehurst has litigated numerous matters in State Courts, Federal Courts, and before administrative tribunals. She has obtained numerous multi-million-dollar verdicts for her clients. Over the years, Mrs. Whitehurst has also served as a defense counsel when she worked as an Assistant City Attorney in the Tallahassee City Attorney’s Office. In this capacity, she initially served as the legal advisor to the Police Chief and his command staff on various management, employment, and discipline issues.
Later, Mrs. Whitehurst defended the City of Tallahassee in grievance hearings, arbitration proceedings, and in civil litigation cases involving tort claims and civil rights violations pertaining to Title VII and Section 1983 claims.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
• American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), member
• The William H. Stafford American Inn of Court, Master Lawyer Member
• Tallahassee Barristers, Member
• Member of Second Judicial Circuit Professionalism Committee
• Florida Bar Trial Lawyer’ Section, member
• Florida Bar Labor and Employment Law Section, member
HONORS & DISTINCTIONS
- Rated as Distinguished by Martindale-Hubbell for High Professional Achievement
- The Best Lawyers in America: Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
• All Florida State Courts (1989)
• All Virginia State Courts (2001)
• United States District Courts for the Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- Florida State University, College of Law (J.D. 1988)
- Florida State University (B.S. 1985)