Diana K. Shumans
Diana Shumans is a diverse practitioner with experience in public, private and governmental litigation. Ms. Shumans began her career over 14 years ago as a defense attorney litigating employment defense cases for both public and private employers.
Ms. Shumans later expanded her practice to include business disputes and real estate litigation matters diversifying her trial experiences to include administrative hearings.
Ms. Shumans then joined the State of Florida Office of the Attorney General as Assistant Attorney General in the Complex Litigation Unit prosecuting national pharmaceutical fraud in conjunction with the Department of Justice. Developing expertise in qui tam litigation, as team member and subsequent team leader of the complex litigation team, Ms. Shumans and the team recouped over $400 million dollars for the State of Florida during her tenure.
Ms. Shumans represents both public and private employers in the defense of cases involving Title VII (race, sex, religion, color and national origin), whistleblower, sexual harassment, ADEA, ADA, and FMLA claims as well as constitution violations.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Certified yoga instructor
- Volunteer teacher at Gadsden Correctional Facility
- All Florida State Courts (2003)
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- Walter F George School of Law at Mercer University (J.D. 2003)
- Florida State University (M.S. 2000)
- James Madison University (B.A. 1998)