Terry J. Harmon
Terry Harmon focuses his practice on education and school law. Mr. Harmon is one of the few attorneys Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Education Law . Hehas represented educational institutions before the Florida Department of Education, the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights, the Florida Division of Administrative Hearings, and in state and federal courts.
In this regard, Mr. Harmon provides assistance to public and private educational institutions (K-12 and postsecondary) in a wide array of legal matters including representation of educational institutions in discrimination, Title IX, Civil Rights, student accommodation, and other issues impacting the operations of educational institutions. He has lectured at the national and state level on issues of importance impacting educational institutions including, but not limited to, special education/exceptional student education, Title IX, legal issues impacting school employees, bullying, and gender identity issues.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Education Law Committee of the Florida Bar, Member (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014-present)
- Florida School Board Attorneys Association, Member (2014-present)
- Council of School Attorneys, Member (2014-present)
- Education Law Association, Member (2011-present)
- Administrative Law Section, Florida Bar (2006-present).
HONORS & DISTINCTIONS
- Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Education Law
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2009-2010, 2015- 2020)
- Florida Super Lawyers (2021-2023)
- All Florida State Courts (2006)
- All Tennessee State Courts (2014)
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida
- United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Stetson University College of Law, cum laude (J.D. 2006)
- Florida State University, cum laude (B.A. 2003)