Teresa Cooper Ward
Teresa Cooper Ward practices in the areas of employment, real estate, probate, and estate planning. Her practice includes representing state agencies, colleges and universities in state and federal courts, and she has several successful appeals to her credit in the areas of employment and public records law. She has extensive experience in quieting title to real property. Her professional experience also includes contracting with the State of Florida to establish the first Medicaid Estate Recovery Program. She has served as Deputy General Counsel to the Florida House of Representatives and as a Senior Attorney for the Legislature.
Ms. Ward graduated from University of South Florida and Stetson College of Law. She has been a member of the Florida Bar since 1982 and joined the United States Supreme Court Bar in 1985. She is a member of the Northern District of Florida and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Ms. Ward also serves as the Chairman of the Board for the Florida Pregnancy Care Network, a statutory entity dedicated to support of pregnant women.
In her spare time Ms. Ward enjoys travel to historical sites as well as playing piano.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Chairperson of Florida Pregnancy Care Network
- Adjunct Instructor Tallahassee Community College
- Legislative Lobbyist Florida Right to Life
- Three Rivers Community Legal volunteer
- United States Supreme Court
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Florida Supreme Court
- Stetson University College of Law, 1981
- University of South Florida, 1977