Lisa B. Fountain
Lisa Fountain is a seasoned civil litigator with experience in litigating complex actions. Ms. Fountain began her career over 25 years ago as a plaintiff’s attorney where her practice included litigating general liability matters, medical negligence actions, personal injury claims, class actions and product liability cases.
Ms. Fountain later served as a hospital and physician defense attorney where she represented physicians, hospitals, and health systems in the defense of medical negligence cases involving wrongful death, profound spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries, birth related injuries, medication errors, pharmaceutical products as well as matters involving physician credentialing, peer review and HIPAA issues. Ms. Fountain’s practice has also included administrative and governmental matters with a focus on health care facilities and providers. Following the enactment of federal laws related to patient safety organizations, Ms. Fountain, alongside her father James M. Barclay, served as general counsel to the first patient safety organization to become federally certified in the country.
In 2009, Ms. Fountain expanded her civil litigation practice to include matters involving labor and employment and civil rights litigation. Ms. Fountain represents both public and private employers in the defense of cases involving Title VII (race, sex, religion, color and national origin), whistleblower, sexual harassment, ADEA, ADA, FMLA claims as well as constitution violations.
Ms. Fountain lectures and publishes articles both statewide and nationally on labor and employment issues, civil litigation issues, patient safety organizations, medical records, and other health care related issues.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
• Florida Associations of Women Lawyers
• Tallahassee Association of Women Lawyers
• Tallahassee Bar Association, Member of the Board of Directors (2019 – 2021)
• Capital Tiger Bay Club
• Network of Entrepreneurs & Business Advocates
• Florida Economic Club
• Downtown Business Association of Tallahassee (Board member 2019-2020)
HONORS & DISTINCTIONS
• AV Preeminent rating from Martindale Hubbell
• All Florida State Courts (1992)
• United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
• United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Stetson University College of Law, cum laude (J.D. 1992)
- Florida State University, cum laude (B.A. 1989)
123 North Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301
West palm beach
605 North Olive Street, 2nd Floor
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
700 South Palafox Street, Suite 95
Pensacola, FL 32502